General Admission Information
All pre-scheduled patients must first go to the Business Office to be pre-admitted and to make their initial deposit.
DO NOT BRING ANY PERSONAL ITEMS (money, jewelry etc.) when being admitted. PMH will not be responsible for personal items.
The Business Office Representative will discuss the following with the Patient:
- The service requested
- Insurance coverage
- Once the insurance carrier has verified coverage, the patient is informed of the balance amount that he/she is responsible for paying.
- Partial payments (not paid in full) received during admission or for outpatient services is ONLY A DEPOSIT and a final bill will follow
- Indigent patients are required to visit Health Social Services for assessment
- Private physician fees are not included in the hospital issued bill
- The patient must take the Inpatient Admission Sheet (General Case Summary) and Receipt to the ward to which he/she was registered for
- Hospital rules and regulations.
- Information in the Patient Information pamphlet
- Upon discharge, the patient must visit the Business Office for an interim bill and financial arrangements
- Inpatient bills are ready approximately 14 days after discharge.
Maternity Information – Public Admissions
Private Patient Admission
Private Self-Pay patients are notified that a Business Office Representative will be making payment collections every other day (as long as the patient is in hospital on the private ward) to cover charges incurred. Patients must settle all outstanding balances prior to private ward admission.
All medical services rendered are authorized by the patient’s physician.
Private Maternity Patients
Normal Delivery (Room, Nurses, Nursery, Delivery Room) - $1450.00
Caesarean Section - $5100.00
Theatre Deposit - $2900.00
Anesthesia Deposit - $1000.00
Maternity Deposit - $1200.00
All fees are for 24 hours in hospital. A fee of $395.00 will be charged for each additional day in hospital. All fees do not include lab tests or scans, additional fees will be added. Rooms are based upon availability, if facilities are not used a refund will be given.
In cases of a Caesarean Section each individual charge is deducted from the deposit. THE ABOVE ARE DEPOSITS AND NOT A FINAL BILL. A COMPLETE BILL SHOWING ITEMIZED CHARGES WILL BE ISSUED / MAILED TO YOU UPON COMPLETION. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL DEPOSITS MUST BE PAID BY THE SEVENTH (7) MONTH.
- You will receive three bills – Princess Margaret Hospital, Physicians Alliance & Anesthesia
- If the baby is admitted to N.I.C.U or Special Care Baby Unit, a deposit of $280.00 is required
SORRY, NO CHEQUES ACCEPTED UNLESS CERTIFIED.
ALL maternity patients must ensure that their newborn(s) are added to their insurance within 30 days of birth.
Private Admission Forms to Complete
- Insurance Information
- Pre-Anesthesia Patient Registration (Anesthesia Associates Medical Group)
- Claimants Statement
- General Case Summary
- Physicians Alliance Limited Agreement
- Princess Margaret Hospital Agreement