The objective of the Business Office is to strategically create a seamless system of operations that provide registrations and admissions of patients, and billing and collection of revenue in a timely manner. Our mission is to provide registration, admission and accounts receivable operations and to maintain professionalism and ethics while adhering to the Financial Policy and Procedures of PHA. The Business Office aspires to create a more accurate and efficient registration and accounts receivable system, while providing superior customer service to our patients.
- Patient Registration
- Patient Accounting
- Insurance Verification and Processing
- Processing of Patient Referrals
- Payment Arrangements (Salary Deduction, Payment Agreement)
Business Office Hours of Operation
Main Business Office
Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Private Patient Registration
Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Public Patient Registration
Mon. – Fri. 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Billing & Claim Processing
Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Daily 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Accident & Emergency
Daily 24 Hrs.
Main Office 242-325-2038/397-1181
Accident & Emergency Registration 242-322-2861 ext 2155
Central Registration 242-322-2861 ext 2194
Private Business Office 242-322-2861 ext 2577/2578
Bill Processing 242-322-2861 ext 2343/1162/3137
Family Medicine Registration (Collins Ave) 242-397-8542
Rehab Services Registration (Collins Ave) 242-356-4447
Eye Clinic Registration (Soldier Rd) 242-328-6360
GENERAL PRACTICE AND EMERENCIES
Medical Attention/Registration - $10.00
Non-Residents/Registration - $30.00
Medical Attention/Registration - $15.00
Non-Residents/Registration - $30.00
Overnight Stay (per day) - $30.00
Other charges based on service
Filling - $20.00
Extraction - $20.00
Cleaning - $25.00
Electrocardiogram - $20.00
X-Rays - Cost Varies
Dressings - $5.00 & up
Injections - Cost Varies
Ambulance - $15.00
PUBLIC THEATRE DEPOSIT
Public Out-Patient - $120.00
Private Out -Patient - $240.00
Out-Patient Eye Private - Cost Varies
Persons eligible for exemption
- Children/High School Students (0-18 years);
- Civil servants;
- Physically disabled;
- Pensioners (65years and older); and
- Holders of Med-Card MUST PRESENT PROOF OF HIS/HER ELIGIBILITY (PICTURE IDENTIFICATION)
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS - SCHOOL ID
CIVIL SERVANTS - EMPLOYEE ID
ALL INSURED PATIENTS - INSURANCE CARD
Billing & Payments
P.M.H. accepts cash, cheque with valid checkard, credit card and insurance.
Credit Card Payments
Visa, Master Card, Sun Card and American Express
Inpatient bills are processed within six (6) weeks of discharge
All local Insurance Carriers are accepted.
Special charges for international patients.
Additional Requirements for Insurance Patients:
- Insurance Pre-certification
- Valid Insurance Card
- Patients with TWO or more Valid Insurance Carriers are not required to pay a deposit, however co-payment or deductible must be paid if required by the insurance company during verification.
- Patients with Valid Personal/Individual Insurance (which must be verified) MUST present the Insurance form SIGNED by the attending Physician in order to be qualified as an insurance patient.
- Individual Insurance Coverage: Insurance form must be submitted to Medical Secretaries for Physician’s Signature.
Patients should present to billing unit upon discharge for interim account balance.
Patients unable to afford services needed are referred to Health Social Services.
Payment Plans are available to assist patients that are unable to afford the full cost of services needed.
Salary Deduction is offered to ALL patients; however, this process should be completed prior to the date of service. Salary deduction forms must be signed and stamped by the Payrolls Department of the employee/patient and returned to the Business Office.