Medical Secretaries Unit is responsible for assisting customers requiring access to their medical history from the Princess Margaret Hospital. The Unit is located at the front entrance of the hospital in Batcheldor’s House, directly opposite the Rand Lab (morgue).
Upon discharge from hospital, patients are directed to the Medical Secretaries Unit for assistance with the following services:
- Proof of Death Claim
- Medical Reports
- National Insurance Board Verification Letters / Request
- National insurance Board Claims
- Medical Summaries
- Patient’s Medical Referrals (local/international)
- Medical Legal Reports
- Social Services Medical Request (Assistance)
- National Prescription Drug Plan Forms
- Patient’s Sick Certificate
- Medical Verification Letter
When making a request, patients must bring along a discharge letter from the attending physician and the form you are submitting for signature and verification.
Service fees vary depending on request of service, i.e Proof of death claim is $25.00. Some services are offered at no cost.
The processing of requests varies by 7-14 business days.
Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tel: 502-7859 or 322-2839